College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture
BS in Computer and Electronic Engineering Technology
The Computer and Electronic Engineering Technology Program (CEET) is a hands-on engineering technology program that focuses on analog and digital circuits, electronics, microprocessors, as well as fundamental computer systems and network systems.
Contact Program Director Ying Yu旧5xsq社区视费视频在线 for more information.
About the Major
旧5xsq社区视费视频在线This program includes five technical specialty electives, which offers maximum flexibility. Students can choose to advance their programming skills or expand knowledge in areas like data acquisition and automated systems. Our program also trains students in the use of industry standard technology and software, making them ready to be active on the job from day one.
About the Minor
旧5xsq社区视费视频在线The Computer Engineering Technology minor is intended to ensure minimum baseline knowledge in circuits and digital/microprocessors. This minor is allowed only for students not enrolled in other majors within the Electrical and Computer Engineering department.
Degree Requirements and Options
For more information, and to see a complete list of degree requirements, visit the .
ECT 241 | Analog Devices and Circuits for Engineering Technology
MWD 110 | Foundations of Web Design and Development
ES 115 | Engineering Computer Applications
ECT 471P | Senior Design Project I for Engineering Technology
ECT 472 | Computer Networking for Engineering Technology
Students in CEET have access to laboratories which are equipped with industry-standard hardware and software. Our facilities include multiple electronics labs, an instrumentation and automated systems lab, a robotics lab, a PCB milling machine, and 3D printing machines. See our labs.
Graduates of this program take positions as members of the engineering team in applied design, computer hardware and/or software development, programming, product development, manufacturing, or operations. They also work in technical services including computer network services, ELD engineering, marketing, and sales.
Interested in enrolling in the Computer and Electronic Engineering Technology program under the College of Engineering, Technology, and Architecture (CETA)? Here is what you need to submit your application.
AccreditationThe Computer and Electronic Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, .
The program in Computer and Electronic Engineering Technology is intended to give students the maximum flexibility in designing their professional education program; it offers a well-rounded professional education with an emphasis on hardware and programming of computer systems. The program prepares students to work on advanced hardware and network systems and includes additional technical and general education courses necessary for career advancement. Graduates of this program take positions as members of the engineering team in design, computer hardware and/or software development, programming, manufacturing, production, or operations. They also work in technical services including field engineering, marketing, and sales.
Computer and Electronic Engineering Technology graduates will develop:
- A commitment to lifelong learning, quality and continuous improvement through the clear ability to assume increasing levels of technical and/or management responsibility or through participation in professional societies, earning advanced degrees, receiving additional training or certifications.
- The ability to contribute to engineering teams that design and/or support effective and efficient new products, systems and processes
- Leadership skills while working on teams involved in the analysis, development, implementation, or oversight of computer and/or electronic systems and processes.
Upon completion of the Computer and Electronic Engineering Technology program, the successful graduate will have:
(1) an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
(2) an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
旧5xsq社区视费视频在线(3) an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
(4) an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
(5) an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.